SIRTAF has very strict security policies. In regards to the use of our Information Systems (IS), the following policies have been established:
You are accessing a Special Incident Response Task Force, Inc (SIRTAF) Information System (IS) that is provided for authorized use only. Authorized use in this context is defined as use by registered and approved individuals using their personal credentials, on systems that they are approved for, and using said systems in a lawful manner consistent with the intended of the system.
By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- SIRTAF routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, communications security (COMSEC) monitoring, network operations and protection, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
- At any time, SIRTAF may inspect and seize data stored on this IS to support a legitimate law enforcement investigation.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are private and confidential. SIRTAF will never sell or authorize a third-party organization access to any personally identifiable information, incident information, or system records with the only exception being an internal investigation in to misconduct or a legitimate law enforcement investigation.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect not only the end users, organizations supported by JSIS services, but also the system itself as well as SIRTAF.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE, or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.